Saturday, June 5, 2010

Woo!

My evil plot to take over the world with cloth diapering 1 person at a time is in motion. Bwahaha!

I went over to visit and friend and talk fluff with her because she was interested in converting to cloth.  She has since decided she definitely wants to.  This brings my convert tally up to a grand total of 4 people.

My friend Tabby and my friend Mikayla are now cloth converts. My little sister and her best friend have also said that when they have babies they want to cloth diaper. 

The Real Diaper Association estimates that a child will go through roughly 2,920 diapers in their first 2 years of life.  Assuming each child will potty train around 2.5, that is 7,300 total per child.  Assuming each person only has 1 child, that is a grand total 29,200 disposable diapers that I have helped save from a landfill.

More math- 300 lbs of wood, 50 lbs of petroleum, and 20 lbs of chlorine are required to make the diapers for 1 child for 1 year.  That is 750 lbs of wood, 125 lbs of petroleum, and 50 lbs of chlorine to diaper 1 child, from birth to potty training at 2.5.    3,000 lbs of wood, 500 lbs of petroleum, and 200 lbs of chlorine have been saved. 

Who said that 1 person can't make a difference?

2 comments:

2 of my friends just converted and placed their first cloth diaper purchases! we are taking over the world lol!!!!!!!!!!
 
awesome!
 

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...