Monday, March 1, 2010

MacGyver Babywearing

Miss Mercy and I went on a road trip today with GreekMomma.  Okay, so maybe it wasn't a REAL road trip or anything, but we drove a couple hours to do some shopping in the big city.  Maybe an hour into our drive I'm looking at our diaper bag and realize that we have a Babywearing emergency. I am completely without a carrier.  I had a sling in my bag, but took it out because I planned on bringing my wrap instead, which I of course forgot to grab.  It was going to be a long day of shopping and running around.  My girl doesn't even like sitting in the cart for a whole grocery shopping trip. The thought of trying to do a whole day of shopping with her in a stroller, let alone one of those hard plastic uncomfy mall strollers, or the seat of a shopping cart, practically had me hyperventilating.

Thinking quick, we made a fabric store our first stop.  I ran in and grabbed some knit fabric from the sale rack.  I asked the nice lady behind the cutting counter if she could possibly cut it right up the fold line for me but she wouldn't.  :(  So, I was left with buying a pair of scissors and cutting it myself out in the parking lot or just double folding it which make for a REALLY thick, hot wrap.  I opted to buy the scissors.  Paid for my purchases and headed back out to the car where I sprawled the fabric out and quickly cut the fabric into two wraps.  Problem solved!

It turned out to be a good thing we were able to stop and fashion a wrap because Mercy had a rough day and definitely needed the closeness.  On the downside, I didn't really need any more wraps and now have two more.  On the upside, I now have two more wraps!  I got plain black knit fabric and am practically giddy with all the possibilities.  I think I will get some silk brocade and make a pretty center panel for an elegant look, or I could use some flannel for a cutesy pattern.  Or maybe some appliques or iron on patches.  Or maybe I'll Bedazzle it!  The possibilities are endless!



http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs105.snc3/15312_332717337851_588667851_3699516_3591041_n.jpg
Miss Mercy on the verge of sleep, in her quickie wrap ♥

1 comments:

u are super mcguyver mama!
Tricia (who's sister is soon-to-be-mama & i'd love to make one of these for her :) )
 

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...