Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Faux Chenille Quilts!

I've fallen in love with Faux Chenille Quilts. I'd seen pictures of them online, and thought they were beautiful. I looked up how to make them and it was SO intimidating.  It took me a long time to work up the nerve to attempt to make them, but I'm so glad I did!

This is the first one I made, for my niece.


One of the things I love about these blankets is that they are SO forgiving of mistakes.  I don't think any of my lines are straight, but you can't really tell with the finished project.

See? Looks like I was sewing while under the influence!


This is the one I made for my nephew


This is one I made for a lady at my church.
 
 

l

This one for my sister.  I love the neapolitan chenille part.

 





And all four in their faux chenille glory....





I also have another one planned, but have to wait to order the fabric though.  Now that I've gotten all the photo sharing out of my system (I really love taking pictures of them!), I can get to work on the tutorial for you guys!

1 comments:

They look amazing! I really heart the purple, green, and white one. Such a great color combo!I have my second one sewn and cut....now just to add the binding and wash. I can't wait to see it in all it's fluffy glory! They are addictive. I really need to get the cutter. Everytime I go to the store they are out...looks like I may have to order it.
 

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...